Clarence Davids & Company, an award-winning landscape company headquartered in Matteson, IL, is looking to hire a fulltime Accounts Receivable Specialist. This role reports to the CFO and is directly responsible for timely and accurate billing of our clients, application of cash receipts, and monitoring of accounts receivable aging. The position is located at our office in Matteson, Illinois.
Accounts Receivable Specialist
As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you will be a member of the accounting team working on all aspects of customer receivables. The role encompasses a variety of responsibilities related to billing, payment positing, assisting customers, and monitoring accounts receivable aging reports.
- Generates monthly recurring billing for customers signed to annual and seasonal service contracts
- Generates additional billings on time and materials basis for specifically priced proposals, additional services added to contractual customers, and simple time and material priced jobs
- Analyzes and provides reporting on snow billings to Director of Maintenance, CFO and President
- Interfaces with clients’ third-party A/P platforms such as Ariba, Avid Pay, Service Central, and others as required by clients
- Applies customer payments to accounts as received including cash, checks, and ACH automated payments
- Makes daily bank deposits via remote terminal in office.
- Create, monitor, and actively work on customer aging reports to keep the aging accurate and current
- Research issues based upon customers’ inquiries (or sales team) driving resolution in a timely manner
- Updates client accounts to ensure accurate payment information and contacts are maintained related to billing.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates Degree with emphasis on business courses, preferred, or significant prior accounts receivable experience
- NetSuite experience highly preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of basics of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and as a team
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and adaptability to work in fast paced environment
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Medical Insurance plan – premiums subsidized by the company
- Vision, Life and Accident Insurance available at low-cost premiums
- IRA Contribution Matching Plan
- Profit Sharing Bonus Plan
- Service Award Recognition Program including cash awards
Submit resumes to [email protected]