Clarence Davids & Company, an award-winning landscape architecture design-build firm, has an opening for an accounts receivable/accounts payable specialist at its corporate office in Matteson, Illinois. This full-time employee will become an integral part of the finance team and will work both in billing client accounts, applying payments, and processing vendor invoices.
Clarence Davids & Company was established in 1951 and specializes in landscape management, seasonal rotations, and design/build landscape construction. The company has three offices: Matteson, Illinois (Corporate), Plainfield, Illinois, and Ingleside, Illinois. More information can be found online at www.clarencedavids.com
Job Summary, Duties and Responsibilities
The Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Specialist will be an integral member of the finance team ensuring all revenues are billed and payments posted timely. In addition, this role will assist with processing vendor invoices ensuring timely payment, take advantage of discounts, and reconciling accounts with vendors.
Accounts Receivable activities include the following:
- Billing client accounts for various services including monthly maintenance contracts, time & material projects, landscape construction projects,
- Post daily cash receipts to customer accounts
- File check stubs, bank receipts and other supporting documents for daily cash receipts.
- Work with sales assistants and clients to resolve client billing and payment issues,
- Preparing daily deposits and ensure deposit in bank via remote capture at our office site.
Accounts Payable activities include:
- Processing vendor invoices,
- Reconciling credit card and vendor statements to purchase receipts,
- Ensure timely payment of invoices via checks and ACH bank transfers,
- Work with vendors to resolve any payment issues on company accounts.
- Maintain accounts payable files,
The above is representative of primary responsibilities for this role and not meant to be all inclusive. Other duties and task will be assigned as needed to ensure the success of the finance department and the company.
Education and experience
- Strong basic math skills
- Detailed and accurate data entry
- Strong organizational skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma/ GED
- 1+ years of A/P and/or A/R experience
- Experience with SAGE 100 or other accounting software, preferred,
- Computer knowledge must include: MS Office- Word, Excel and Outlook
Physical requirements and working conditions
Regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds; noise level is usually moderate.
Clarence Davids & Company is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Interested applicants should send a resume to the address below:
Clarence Davids & Company
22901 S. Ridgeland Avenue
Matteson, IL 60443